The Create30 Challenge, November 2018
I’m getting really excited about November. You know why? The Create30 November 2018 challenge has almost begun!
What Is Create30?
Create30 is a 30-day creative challenge focused on reaching our creative goals, whatever they may be. It begins on November 1, 2018 and ends November 30, 2018.
If you want to read about what inspired this challenge, be sure to check out my last post: NaBloPoMo 2018 & The Conception of Create30.
Project- vs. Time- Based Goals
The idea is to set either a product or time-based goal each day and stick with it every day for 30 days straight.
For example, you can choose to commit to completing two lettering project every day. If time-based goals are more your thing or you plan to complete bigger, more time-consuming projects, you can opt for a 1-hour-per-day goal. It’s completely up to you.
It’s worth noting that you don’t have to have the same goal every day. If you want to do more on the weekends on whenever you have more time, that’s even better. You can even do more than you planned, as long as you reach your minimum time or project goals.
What Counts As A Creative Project?
Anything that you consider to be a creative project counts towards this challenge. It’s entirely up to you. Here are a few examples of some of the projects that you might consider:
- Creative Writing
- Graphic Design
- Playing An Instrument
- Creating An Animation
- Lettering & Calligraphy
- User Interface Design
- Visual Journaling or Sketchnotes
- Bullet Journaling
- Needlework or Yarn Crafts
Creative Prompts (Available Soon)
Just in case the list above wasn’t enough to get you started, I am in the process of creating a handful of prompts that should do the trick. They will be available before the challenge begins.
You can also check out this list of 50 Blog Post Ideas if you are planning on writing or blogging throughout the month. This is especially useful if you plan on participating in this challenge in conjunction with NaBloPoMo.
Be sure to subscribe to my blog for post notifications or follow me on Twitter and Instagram @ablissfullemon.
Tips To Get Started
- Before the challenge begins, set a goal for how much you plan to complete each day, whether it’s a time-based or project-based goal. Write it down and share it with others so you can publicly commit to that goal.
- Set a schedule and stick with it as much as possible. It’s so easy to start one of these challenges without thinking about how time-consuming it can be if you aren’t conscious about how much you are doing each day.
- Don’t be afraid to start more than one project at a time. If you are painting and need to let it dry, go ahead and start on something else.
- If you know you are going to miss a day or two, that’s ok! You can do a bit more the day before or after your break so you still meet your goals. Some might consider this cheating, but it’s really just having a life (and that’s a good thing).
Creating and Sharing With Others
Part of the fun of participating in the Create30 challenge is sharing your progress and interacting with other creatives. You can easily do this by using the hashtags #create30 and #create30november on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Be sure to tag me @ablissfullemon on Twitter and Instagram so I can retweet, repost, and feature some of my favorites posts/work.