100 Days of Code: Day 59

Home / Technology / Web Development / 100 Days of Code: Day 59
I completed the first JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures project! All of those other algorithm challenges seem to have paid off as I had very few problems with this project. It was actually quite simple and I finished it faster than many of the previous algorithm challenges.

[vc_row css=”.vc_custom_1526680382655{margin-top: 15px !important;margin-bottom: 60px !important;padding-right: 10% !important;padding-left: 10% !important;}”][vc_column][vc_progress_bar values=”%5B%7B%22label%22%3A%22Progress%22%2C%22value%22%3A%2259%22%2C%22color%22%3A%22blue%22%7D%5D” title=”100 Days of Code, Round 1″ percentage_value=”27″ title_color=”#3e3e3e” bar_color=”#1b7da9″ track_height=”20px” track_color=”#e7f6fc” m=”20″ extra_class=”” units=”%”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Goals For Today:” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][ultimate_icon_list icon_size=”16″ icon_margin=”20″][ultimate_icon_list_item icon_type=”custom” icon_img=”id^4091|url^https://www.blissfullemon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/done.png|caption^null|alt^null|title^done|description^null”]JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Project: Palindrome Checker[/ultimate_icon_list_item][/ultimate_icon_list][vc_column_text]

One project down; four more to go.

I completed the first JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures project! All of those other algorithm challenges seem to have paid off as I had very few problems with this project. It was actually quite simple and I finished it faster than many of the previous algorithm challenges.

I only planned to try to complete just that one project today, but because I did it so quickly, I decided to continue on to the next project. This is where I hit a bit of a snag.

The funky code blues 🎷

I keep running the test because it should, by all logic, work properly. However, every time I run it, it comes up with one or more numbers failing to convert properly.

Here’s the kicker — I re-run the code and it works perfectly for some (but not all) of those results, and different ones fail. Yet I haven’t changed a single line of code.

This leads me to believe that either:

  1. There is a bug
  2. The more likely option — my code is poop.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if I have done something wrong and there is some sort of trickery in my existing code that causes it to pass sometimes and fail at other times for no apparent reason.

Honestly, I’ve never seen this before. It may take me some time to figure out what in the world is going on.

So, it looks like that’s where I’ll be spending my time tomorrow. Wish me luck![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Let's chat!

%d bloggers like this: