100 Days of Code: Day 53

Home / Technology / Web Development / 100 Days of Code: Day 53
Today was a busy day. I helped Andrew fix the dishwasher, we went shopping for essentials, I bought some new summer clothes for the first time in ages, and I finished some more of the JavaScript algorithms. All in all, I'd say it was a success!

[vc_row css=”.vc_custom_1526680382655{margin-top: 15px !important;margin-bottom: 60px !important;padding-right: 10% !important;padding-left: 10% !important;}”][vc_column][vc_progress_bar values=”%5B%7B%22label%22%3A%22Progress%22%2C%22value%22%3A%2253%22%2C%22color%22%3A%22blue%22%7D%5D” title=”100 Days of Code, Round 1″ percentage_value=”27″ title_color=”#3e3e3e” bar_color=”#1b7da9″ track_height=”20px” track_color=”#e7f6fc” m=”20″ extra_class=”” units=”%”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Goals For Today:” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][ultimate_icon_list icon_size=”16″ icon_margin=”20″][ultimate_icon_list_item icon_type=”custom” icon_img=”id^4091|url^https://www.blissfullemon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/done.png|caption^null|alt^null|title^done|description^null”]Work on the JavaScript intermediate algorithms for at least 90 minutes[/ultimate_icon_list_item][/ultimate_icon_list][vc_column_text]Today was a busy day. I helped Andrew fix the dishwasher, we went shopping for essentials, I bought some new summer clothes for the first time in ages, and I finished some more of the JavaScript algorithms. All in all, I’d say it was a success!

The Dishwasher Is Finally Fixed!

Before I get started on my coding for the day, I’d just like to formally announce that for the first time in 5 YEARS, we finally have a working dishwasher! I mean, I hope it’s working. We haven’t actually tested it yet.

Uh oh… I hope I didn’t just jinx us…

Ever since we moved into this house, we’ve used our dishwasher maybe 3 or 4 times. It was broken when we moved in and we did not want to spend the money to fix it. When I say broken, I mean the soap dispenser was broken, so it was a very easy fix. We just were stupid and didn’t do it for five years, complaining every time we washed the dishes that we were piling them up into a dishwasher to dry.

In my defense, I priced the soap dispenser on Amazon years ago and it was $70. We only planned to be here for a few years at that point, so it seemed silly to spend money on something that we couldn’t (or wouldn’t) take with us. But after finally getting fed up with hand-washing the dishes every single day, I checked Amazon again and found that the price had dropped to around $35. Woohoo!

I placed the order and it came in the mail 3 or 4 days later. We finally had a few minutes this morning to replace it and I’m surprised by how simple it was. I can’t wait to have a full load of dishes in there so we can finally test it out. I just hope it works or I may have a lot of broken dishes.

Kidding. Sort of.

Now if only we could replace our stinky washer that doesn’t drain properly. 🙄

JavaScript Algorithms

Ok, now that that’s out of the way, I can tell you about the progress that I made today coding. I wasn’t able to do a whole lot, to be honest, but I did work on the algorithms for around 2 hours and I now have more complete algorithms than incomplete (one more to be exact). That means I’m over 50% through with this section and that much closer to moving on to the ES6 and the projects.

Tomorrow morning I’ll have a bit more time to work on the challenges. I plan to code for 3-4 hours, as long as nothing else comes up.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Let's chat!

%d bloggers like this: