100 Days of Code: Day 12
100 Days of Code, Round 1
Goals For Today:
- Complete at least 40 freeCodeCamp challenges
- Establish my goals for this week (Monday through Saturday)
I have to wonder if I will ever love working with arrays. They have been my nemesis from day one — and by “day one”, I mean back in 2010 when I first decided to get into software development. I don’t know what it is about their smug little square-bracketed faces, but I just can’t seem to feel comfortable with them. I understand arrays; they make perfect sense if I think about them as being invisible spreadsheets of data in the sky (though they are a bit more complicated than that). I just don’t particularly care for them. I’m sure that will change someday, I’m just not sure when that might be.
Goals For This Week (Monday – Saturday)
- freeCodeCamp Challenges:
- Object-Oriented Functional Programming
- Programming Foundations: Fundamentals (Lynda.com)
- Complete one of the “easy” projects from the dailyprogrammer subreddit
- Complete at least two of the websites from 30 Days, 30 Sites
- UI design for Dayton Animal Rescue Organization website (conceptual)
I know that I am giving myself a lot to do this week, but I am doing this for two reasons.
- I want to see how much I can actually get done if I know beforehand what I want to do throughout the week. I feel like I am spending too much time trying to figure out what to do and where to start, so this should really cut down on much of that wasted time.
- I am not inexperienced in the sense that I already learned everything that I am “learning” now. I don’t want to spend so much time caught up in video tutorials and re-learning material that I don’t have enough time to learn new material and build on the things I already learned. Thus, I am starting to really try to pack in as much refresher material as quickly as possible now so that in a few weeks I can be more independent as I move on to more difficult projects and material. I want to learn more than what I should already know.